Conserve water while maintaining healthy urban greenspaces
Drought and increasing water scarcity are quickly felt in metropolitan areas. Efforts have been taken to improve water conservation.
Over-irrigation and waste still occur without precision irrigation techniques.
“Sensoterra probes go beyond simplicity. Just install the probes, receive the data, and start managing irrigation from anywhere."
René Voogt, ConnectedGreen
Data collected with Sensoterra soil moisture sensors are integrated into the current irrigation management system, resulting in
- A reduction of tree/plant illness or mortality, and replacement costs
- Reduction of water consumption for irrigation of between 10-30%
- Reduction of manual irrigation labor costs
- Fewer water truck irrigation rounds
Positive impact on society, environment, and local communities
- City or landscapers install sensors in irrigated parks, medians, and public sports fields
- The initial investment ROI is attained within 10 months of installation
- Healthy urban green-spaces and a significant reduction in wasted water
“Sensoterra sensors save time, money and irrigation rounds. The system keeps your plants healthy.”
By integrating the Sensoterra soil moisture readings with other smart devices, such as smart-irrigation valves and weather station data, irrigation of public spaces can be done only when needed. This increased effectivity reduces over-irrigation and while providing insights into water consumption and conservation.
Want to learn more? Download the read the complete case study on Smart City data integration. Read a recent article on landscaping projects around the Netherlands or more information.